As of late, two more interesting developments in HIT regarding the US Congress. My member of Congress, David Wu, is reintroducing this bill.
Also, on 15 January, 15:00 UTC, the US Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee will have a hearing of HIT investment, details here. (You can watch a video of the hearing)
- Jack Cochran, Executive Director, The Permanente Federation, Oakland, CA. Read Jack Cochran's Statement (PDF).
- Janet Corrigan, President, The National Quality Forum, Washington, DC. Read Janet Corrigan's Statement (PDF).
- Valerie Melvin, Director of Information Technology, The Government Accounting Office, Washington, DC. Read Valerie Melvin's Statement (PDF).
- Peter Neupert, Vice President, Microsoft Health Solutions, Redmond, WA. Read Peter Neupert's Statement (PDF).
- Mary Grealy, President, Health Leadership Council, Washington, DC. Read Mary Grealy's Statement (PDF).